Job title: Investment Analyst
Company: Sentica Partners
Contract type: Full-time
Application deadline: 31/01/2020
Sentica, a leading Finnish private equity company, is looking to strengthen its team of investment professionals with a full-time Investment Analyst. Please see below for details about Sentica and the position, as well as instructions on how to apply.
We are an independent PE company focusing on the Finnish lower mid-market. With approximately €480 million of funds under management, we make majority investments in profitable companies with sustainable value creation potential. We prefer teaming up with entrepreneurs and management teams with whom we share passion and a strategic vision. Our investment strategy is based on proactive deal-sourcing across all sectors, and currently we are an active owner in 14 portfolio companies. Since 2005, we have made 30+ platform investments, 70+ add-on acquisitions and ~20 exits. We have also been active in the capital markets, as many of our portfolio companies have completed an IPO (e.g. Pihlajalinna, Kotipizza, VMP/Eezy) or issued a corporate bond (e.g. Ropo Capital, Secto, Kotipizza).
Our team of 12 investment professionals has extensive experience in private equity, investment banking, consulting, and numerous industry sectors. We are now looking for an exceptional individual to join us in a full-time position as an Investment Analyst. The role offers an exciting opportunity in the center of the Nordic private equity market:
• Work in a dynamic group of highly motivated and experienced investment professionals
• Participate in all stages of the investment process and portfolio company development
• Possibility to quickly take on responsibility based on your capabilities, comfort level, and previous experience
• Diverse work community with balanced culture and opportunities for continuous development
• Track record of numerous successful buyout and growth investments, including recent exits of e.g. Pihlajalinna, Kotipizza, Puuilo, Arjessa, Ropo Capital and Chilit
• Sentica consistently awarded in the best Nordic LBO fund category of Private Equity Exchange Awards
We expect you to be genuinely interested in investing and supporting the growth of Finnish SME companies, and to have a solid understanding of business:
• University studies in a relevant MSc program (e.g. finance, industrial engineering, business technology, economics) with a strong academic record — already graduated or maximum approximately 1 year remaining until graduation
• Some relevant work experience, either from internships or anywhere between 0-2 years full-time after graduation
• Financial modelling, valuation, strategy and project management skills are considered a plus
Please send us your CV, university transcripts, and a brief letter describing your motivations for working in private equity at Sentica by January 31, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information on Sentica, our investment strategy and portfolio, or the position, visit: www.sentica.fi or contact Reeti Saarinen (+358 40 561 8761) or Timo Sarkki (+358 40 744 6252).