Job title: Analyst Intern
Contract type: Internship
Application deadline: 29/09/2020
We are currently looking for ambitious young professionals to join our growing Nordic Corporate Finance team in Helsinki as an Analyst Intern for 2021.
EY Corporate Finance is a leading Corporate Finance advisor with a truly global presence of over 1,900 M&A professionals globally and over 1,200 M&A mandates completed by our industry-focused, multi-disciplinary teams in the last 5 years in Europe. Our clients range from entrepreneurs to private equity investors and global corporations.
The EY Corporate Finance team is part of EY’s Strategy and Transactions practice, working alongside other teams of transaction specialists. The successful candidate will work together with experienced professionals on sell-side and buy-side M&A transactions, Debt Advisory, Infrastructure Projects as well as Capital Market and Fundraising transactions. From the start, you will have the opportunity to interact with international as well as local clients, which requires that you are comfortable taking responsibility and initiative.
Your key responsibilities
As a Corporate Finance Analyst Intern you will work as a part of a high-performing team by carrying out various assignments, including
- Working independently with the support of the other members of the team in preparation of client presentations and other deliverables
- Gathering and analyzing information on companies operating in various industries
- Conducting company valuations and market analysis
- Attending client meetings
What we are looking for
- A team-oriented mentality with high personal integrity and social intelligence, capable of working effectively in a multicultural, international environment
- An analytical, result- and detail-oriented mindset
- Can-do attitude and a strong willingness and enthusiasm to learn and develop
- Ability to prioritize and keep to deadlines
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Currently pursuing an academic degree (M.Sc. Econ. or M.Sc. Tech) in the field of, e.g. Finance, Accounting, Economics or Industrial Engineering and Management
- Strong academic record
- Fluent skills in both Finnish and English
- Excellent command of the Microsoft Office suite
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Interest in the financial services industry and a business mindset
- Prior experience from investment banking, strategy consultancy or corporate M&A is considered an advantage
What we offer to you
As a Corporate Finance Analyst Intern, you’ll have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. You will join a dynamic team of internationally experienced and talented M&A colleagues and transaction professionals where quality, development and sustainable solutions are in focus. We offer you:
- Meaningful work in a leading Corporate Finance team where you have the chance to participate in high-profile local and international M&A transaction, leveraging our local presence, international network and extensive industry expertise
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career, with coaching from our international network
- Freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
We are looking for interns for spring, summer and autumn periods, but are flexible with the actual start date depending on your preferences.
To apply, please submit your resume by 29.9.2020 on our career’s website (http://m.rfer.us/EYSAdUfs4). If selected from the first screening, you’ll receive an invitation to our on-demand video assessments and cognitive ability tests. This is done in collaboration with our service provider, HireVue.
For additional information, please contact Jasmin Dahlberg (+358 50 360 8733) or Lauri Keskinen (+358 50 323 7560).