Job title: Analyst Trainee, Research & Development Team
Contract type: Fixed Term, Full Time
Application deadline: 29/05/2020
Spirit & Guts
Driven by an inbuilt curiosity towards finance, economics and quantitative analysis? Interested in the current state of the Finnish SME sector and Private Equity & Venture Capital market impacted by COVID-19? Ambition to support current leaders in their economic decision-making through fact-based statistical analysis with leading Finnish economic advisors? Curiosity to familiarize yourself with the Private Equity & Venture Capital industry? If you are interested, we recommend you to join us for the summer 2020.
Find some of our latest research on the economic and financial impacts of COVID-19 here: http://www.industryinvestment.com/about-us/news/. As an analyst trainee you would be contributing to this growing body of work and aid both Tesi and the Finnish state to navigate through the current turmoil based on data-driven insights.
Last, but not least, Tesi is an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity empowers our people and our business as well.
Tesi is now looking for a full-time, fixed-term (3-5 months) Analyst Trainee with an analytical mindset and genuine interest towards financial and statistical analysis. You will be mainly working with our Research & Development team on projects related to advanced data analysis, economic, statistical and financial modeling and various other tasks related to Tesi’s investment and strategic planning activities.
How have our previous trainees experienced their time at Tesi? Trainee Programme is a source of inspiration and social benefit.
- Relevant university studies in finance, economics or a highly quantitative field (e.g. applied mathematics, statistics, physics)
- Analytical and business-oriented mindset with hands-on attitude
- At least some hands-on experience with programming (e.g. Python or R)
- Interest in the Finnish economy and Venture Capital / Private Equity
- Fluent written and spoken communication skills in both Finnish and English
We offer you
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to (i) study the effects of the current situation on Finnish SMEs and Venture Capital & Private Equity market in real time and to (ii) play a role in how Tesi and the Finnish government supports the economy towards stability and growth
- Challenging and versatile projects from day one
- Chance to gain relevant work experience and useful contacts for your future career
- Supportive and experienced colleagues to boost your professional development
Please submit your CV, application letter, and latest transcript of records by latest 29th of May to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. In this position you will be employed by Tesi directly. For more information about the position, please contact Tesi’s Senior Data Analyst Lauri Kauppinen (045 344 9323) or Investment Analyst Jere Hurskainen (050 463 50 53).
Timetable for this recruitment process:
- Wednesday 13.5.: Application period starts
- Friday 29.5.: Application period ends
- May 2020: Interviews with Tesi
- May 2020: Hiring decisions
- June 2020: Start date
Tesi is a state-owned investment company that wants to raise Finland to the front ranks of renewing economic growth by investing in venture capital and private equity funds and directly in companies. We invest profitably and responsibly, together with co-investors, to create the world’s new success stories. Our investments under management total 1.3 billion euros and an underlying portfolio of 700 companies.