Job title: Analyst
Contract type: Full-time
Application deadline: 08/12/2019
Are you interested in a unique opportunity to start your career within Transaction Advisory Services? Then you should join our successful Nordic Transactions team at EY in Helsinki. Our Transactions Analysts have a broad expertise across many different industries and customers and our business is rapidly growing. We are now looking for ambitious graduates or soon-to-be graduates to join our team.
As an Analyst within the Valuations, Modelling and Economics team, you’ll participate in client engagements related to valuations of diverse businesses and individual assets for various purposes including transactions, management decision making, accounting and tax matters. In addition to performing valuations, you will also develop MS Excel based models for our Clients’ needs including e.g. transaction modelling, operational modelling and various financing related models.
Our clients operate within all of the industry sectors and consist of companies of all sizes from publicly listed companies to startups.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll work effectively as a team member, demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibilities, providing support, maintaining communications and updating senior team members on progress. You will, at an early stage, have the opportunity to interact with international as well as local clients and other advisors, which requires that you are comfortable taking responsibility and initiative.
Skills and attributes for success
- Good command of Microsoft Office tools, especially MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of the generally accepted valuation methods
- Fluent in English, both written and oral
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Genuine interest to M&A transactions, Corporate Finance and a business mindset
- Analytical mindset and social intelligence in order to work in a multicultural and fast paced environment
- Innovative working methods, ambition for challenges and ability to adapt to changes
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Suitable academic degree (M.Sc. Econ. or M.Sc. Tech) in the field of, e.g. Accounting, Finance, Economics or Industrial Engineering and Management or other relevant education
- Fluency in Finnish, both written and oral
- Basic understanding of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Relevant previous work experience from e.g. private equity, management consulting, business controlling or corporate finance positions
- Basic understanding of the International Financial Reporting standards (IFRS)
What we look for
On top of the technical know-how points listed above, we are looking for a person who is flexible, committed to the common goals of the team and ambitious to constantly learn new skills and develop him/herself. We also expect the person not to be afraid to speak their mind when facing problems.
What working at EY offers
As an Analyst you’ll have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. You will join a dynamic team of experienced and talented colleagues, and you become part of an ambitious team where quality, development and sustainable solutions are in focus. We offer you:
- Meaningful work where you have the chance to see and affect the Finnish and Global business scene
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- The modern facilities in the heart of Helsinki City
Appreciation of diversity and inclusiveness is the cornerstone of the global corporate culture at EY. According to many surveys diverse teams promote ingenuity and varied ideas in problem-solving. Our diverse corporate culture treats our employees fairly and with equality which helps our multinational teams to work on their highest level. By working according to these principles, we make sure that diversity is embraced and individuals from any background can reach their highest potential and career opportunities from day one. Through listening and appreciating everyone’s opinions we attract and retain the best people in our field which ensures that we are able to offer the best possible solutions for our customers.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Ideally the work would start in January, but we are quite flexible with the actual start date depending on your preferences.
To apply, please submit your cover letter written in English and your resume by 8 December on our career’s website.
For additional information, please contact Mikko Virtanen (email@example.com +358 50 570 4178) or Artturi Juva (firstname.lastname@example.org +358 50 568 8819)